Accounting & Business Services
Accounting and Tax Manager
To be responsible for the management of the ABS Team and service provision
- To be responsible for managing a small team of senior and trainee accountants and tax administrators
- Manage all aspects of the client portfolio (service delivery, recruitment, staff allocation, quality control, WIP, billing and debtors)
- Coach and develop all staff members working within the team
- Work closely with the directors to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service offering
- Maintain and build client relationships
- Support the directors in business development
- To undertake occasional ‘ad hoc’ assignments for clients of the Firm and for the directors
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the department’s strategic accounting partner in India
- Review of financial statements and tax compliance for a variety of entity types and sectors
Technical / Professional / Qualifications / Requirements
- ACA, ACCA or similar level qualification
- Significant post qualification experience
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- A willingness to undertake regulatory training if no prior experience of working in Jersey
- Extensive People Management Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Jersey income tax is preferred but not essential.
Client: Strong proactive client focus, seek opportunities to develop client delivery and quality.
Firm: Strong commercial outlook, adherence to policies and procedures, promotes and supports commercial innovation and sharing of knowledge, high standards of professional development (individual and team), and aptitude for learning.
People: Collaborative, team player, wider organisational awareness and responsibility, excellent communication skills. Operational management responsibility with some strategic input.