Senior Accountant - Audit Department
To act as the senior auditor in undertaking audits of financial statements or other assurance work.
- Work under the oversight of Audit Partners and the Audit Supervisor;
- Run complete audits;
- Work as part of a bigger team on larger audit assignments;
- Run audits from initial planning to final completion with the Partner;
- Produce comprehensive and accurate audit files and working papers;
- Review the work of more junior members of the team;
- Understand and act on instructions;
- Supervise and mentor trainees from time to time;
- Work to deadlines;
Undertake and satisfactorily complete all professional development training required by the Firm.
Technical / Professional / Qualifications / Requirements
- ICAEW/ACCA Accountancy Qualification or equivalent;
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development;
- Additionally, candidates must have a spent the majority of their professional career working in external audit in a professional practice;
- Familiarity of and experience in working with the clarified International Standards on Auditing is a further requirement;
- An understanding of Jersey’s Financial Services regime or a similar regulated financial services regime (whilst not a requirement) would be perceived as a positive attribute.
Client: Strong client focus; Driven to deliver a quality service; Sets standards.
Firm: Has a commercial outlook; Follows procedures; Has an innovative approach to work; Spots opportunities; Manages risk; Demonstrable active learning; Evidence of shared learning.
People: Collaborative; Team Player; Strong communication skills; Shares knowledge and experience.
Some management responsibility experience and skills.